ONC meeting notes: MU attestation updates

On Jan. 27, the ONC Health IT Standards Committee held a meeting discussing the state and patterns of meaningful use attestation.Here are five trends and updates from their meeting.1. Eligible hospitals and eligible professionals tend to attest to meaningful use after their reporting year ends.2. Approximately 85 percent of hospital attestations ...

On Jan. 27, the ONC Health IT Standards Committee held a meeting discussing the state and patterns of meaningful use attestation.

Here are five trends and updates from their meeting.

1. Eligible hospitals and eligible professionals tend to attest to meaningful use after their reporting year ends.

2. Approximately 85 percent of hospital attestations in 2014 occurred after the fiscal year. Eligible professional have until February 2015 to attest.

3. Of eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals, 54 percent are scheduled to attest to stage 2. Forty-two percent of eligible professionals are scheduled to attest to stage 2. Hospitals and professionals must complete two years of stage 1 before they become eligible to attest to stage 2.

4. Of the 54 percent of hospitals scheduled to attest to stage 2, 88 percent attested. Of those that attested, 75 percent attested to stage 2 and 25 percent took advantage of the Flexibility Rule and attested to stage 1.

5. Of the 42 percent of eligible professionals scheduled for stage 2, 15 percent have already attested (the other 85 percent have until Feb. 28 to attest). Of those who have attested, 53 percent attested to stage 2 and 47 percent took advantage of the Flexibility Rule.

Source: www.beckershospitalreview.com