CMS is asking its stakeholders to submit potential measures to include in the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program.
Measure proposals are due June 29 for inclusion in calendar year 2019 rulemaking and potential implementation in calendar year 2021.
CMS is specifically interested in measures that:
- Utilize 2015 edition certified EHR technology;
- Increase CEHRT health information exchange and interoperability;
- Continue improving program efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility;
- Measure patient outcomes; and
- Emphasize patient safety.
The agency asks stakeholders consider the following when submitting their proposals:
- Whether the proposed measure would reduce reporting burden;
- Whether the proposed measure is duplicative of existing or previously removed objectives and measures; and
- Whether the proposed measure should consider an emerging certified health IT functionality or capability.
Click here for more information and guidance on submitting a proposal.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2018. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.